The purpose of using Response Validation is to screens out inconclusive responses. Responses with significant score bias will be screened out when Response Validation is active.
Score bias is influenced by three factors:
- Impression Management takes place when a person is deliberately trying to offer a more favorable impression than what he or she actually would be giving by being completely honest.
- Social Desirability is related to responding in greater agreement with commonly accepted social norms which can bias the score towards a more positive outcome.
- Response Bias refers to the tendency of some people to have a more extreme response style than others which can result in inflated scores.
- If a candidate scores 0 on Response Validation, it is because their responses are inconclusive.
- If a candidate score 1 on Response Validation, their responses are conclusive.